Approval to Connect to Drainage Infrastructure, Sewer Works or Water Supply - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to:

  • connect a waste water inlet to licensed sewerage works
  • connect or disconnect a drainage asset on land with licensed drainage works
  • connect to the water supply outlet or pipe of a licensed water service.

An approval may be granted even if the connection has already been made.

Sewerage works involve the collection, treatment and disposal of waste water by means of pipes and channels. Drainage assets may include:

  • drains
  • wetlands
  • swales
  • infiltration devices
  • devices for litter
  • sediment or water quality management
  • floodgates
  • pumping stations
  • culverts.

The relevant water services licensee may be the WA Water Corporation, your local council or a private corporation.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information on this licence or to find out who is your relevant water services licensee.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Building & Plumbing Handbook (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Water Services Act 2012 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Water Services Regulations 2013 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.