You will require this approval if you intend to dispose of commercial or industrial waste into a waste receptacle that is to be collected by Council or an authorised person. The type of waste that is counted as commercial or industrial waste is as follows:
- hot or burning ashes
- oil, motor spirit or other flammable liquid
- liquid, paint, or other solvent
- bricks, concrete, earth or other like substances
- drugs, dressings, bandages, swabs or blood samples unless placed in a sealed impervious container
- hospital, medical, veterinary, laboratory or pathological substances containing blood unless placed in a sealed impervious container
- syringes, needles, surgical hardware, broken glass, sharps or other sharp objects unless placed in a sealed impervious container
- cytotoxics, radioactive substances and dangerous chemicals.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.