Approval to Discharge Trade Waste - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to conduct an activity where trade waste will be discharged into a wastewater inlet connected to a sewer owned or managed by a water services licensee.

Trade waste is any wastewater that differs from the kind and volume ordinarily discharged from an ordinary home used solely or primarily as the home of its occupants.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval, you must meet the acceptance criteria, which may include partially treating your wastewater before it discharges to sewer.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Water Services Act 2012 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Water Services Regulations 2013 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Head Office


Department of Water and Environmental Regulation

Western Australia
Operating address: Prime House
8 Davidson Terrace
Joondalup, Western Australia 6027
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 10
Joondalup DC, Western Australia 6919
Phone: 08 6364 7000
Fax: 08 6364 7001
Website: Water (Opens in new window)