You will require this approval if you intend to manufacture approved devices and identification equipment for livestock. Livestock include animals such as:
You will require this approval to manufacture equipment such as:
- National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) devices
- earmarking pliers
- pig tattoos
- stock branding equipment.
You must not supply a device to a person unless the:
- person has given to the manufacturer their name and postal address
- relevant Property Identification Codes (PIC) of the property where the stock to be identified will be kept
- person's registered identifier (for application as a brand) for the stock has been identified.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.