Approval to Take Water from a Water Services Work - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to take water or wastewater from the water service works of a licensee or a pipe connected to those works. Water service works includes:

  • water supply, sewerage, drainage infrastructure and irrigation systems
  • surveys, excavations, structures and buildings provided by or used by a licensee in the provision of a water service
  • plant, equipment and structures attached to the above systems
  • the land which the works are a part of.

The relevant water services licensee may be the WA Water Corporation, your local council or a private corporation.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information on this approval or to find out who your relevant water services licensee is.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Water Services Act 2012 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.