You will require this approval if you intend to transfer responsibility for remediation of a contaminated site to another person.
Contamination in relation to land, water or a site, is the presence of a substance that presents, or has the potential to present, a risk of harm to human health or the environment. Remediation of a contaminated site includes
- attempted restoration of the site
- restriction or prohibition of access to, or use of, the site
- removal, destruction, reduction, containment or dispersal of the substance
- reduction or mitigation of the effect of the substance
- protection of human health or the environment from the contamination.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.