Approval to Undertake Prohibited Activities on Protected Areas or Aboriginal Sites - Western Australia


You will need approval to carry out certain activities on Protected Areas or Aboriginal Sites. The application process differs depending on your level of interference with the land. You will need to submit a Section 16 Authority Application for any activity involving excavation, examination or removal. You will require written consent from the registrar for less invasive, restricted activities.

Below are examples of restricted activities:

  • alter or destroy any boundaries or fences
  • cut or remove any plant
  • post or paint any kind of notice or sign
  • drive or park a vehicle
  • camp or make a fireplace
  • deposit any rubbish
  • graze or feed horses or cattle
  • sell any food or beverage
  • unlock any gate
  • take a photograph.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Aboriginal Heritage Regulations 1974 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.