Approval to Use Containers Other than a Receptacle - Shire of Yalgoo - Western Australia


You will require this approval if you intend to deposit rubbish or refuse in a container other than an approved council supplied receptacle (rubbish bin).

You can apply for this approval if your premises consists of more than three dwellings, is used for commercial or industrial purposes, or is a food premise (such as a restaurant).

Separate approval is also required to dispose of industrial or commercial waste into a rubbish container or receptacle that is to be collected by the local council or an authorised person.

The following materials are classed as commercial or industrial waste:

  • hot or burning ashes
  • oil, motor spirit or other flammable liquid
  • liquid, paint, or other solvent
  • bricks, concrete, earth or other like substances
  • drugs, dressings, bandages, swabs or blood samples unless placed in a sealed impervious container
  • hospital, medical, veterinary, laboratory or pathological substances containing blood unless placed in a sealed impervious container
  • syringes, needles, surgical hardware, broken glass, sharps or other sharp objects unless placed in a sealed impervious container
  • cytotoxics, radioactive substances and dangerous chemicals.

The container must be kept in a sanitary manner and meet all applicable health standards.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1911 Western Australia

Administering agency

Shire of Yalgoo

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Environmental Health Officer

Shire of Yalgoo

Western Australia
Operating address: 37 Gibbons Street
Yalgoo, Western Australia 6635
Mailing address: PO BOX 40
Yalgoo, Western Australia 6635
Phone: 08 9962 8042
Website: Shire of Yalgoo (Opens in new window)