You may need to comply with these standards if you use scaffolding at your workplace. Specifically if you:
- erect or dismantle scaffolding at a workplace
- design, manufacture, import or supply scaffolding equipment for workplace use
- use scaffolding for demolition work at your workplace.
The standards provide guidance for the training of scaffolders, the preparation of sites for scaffolding and the safe selection, supply, erection, alteration, dismantling, maintenance, inspection and use of scaffolding and scaffolding equipment. They also cover design and operational requirements.
If you need to comply with these standards, the versions with which you must comply with are:
- AS / NZS 1576.1:1995 Scaffolding - General Requirements
- AS 1576.2-1991 Scaffolding - Couplers and Accessories
- AS / NZS 1576.3:1995 Scaffolding - Prefabricated and Tube-and-coupler Scaffolding
- AS 1576.4-1991 Scaffolding - Suspended Scaffolding
- AS / NZS 1576.5:1995 Scaffolding - Prefabricated Splitheads and Trestles
- AS / NZS 1576.6:2000 Scaffolding - Metal tube-and-coupler Scaffolding.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.