Authorisation to Bunker a Vessel in a Port - Western Australia


You will require this authorisation if you are the master of a vessel that you intend to bunker in a port in a port. Bunkering is the process of supplying a vessel with fuel for its own use.

This authorisation is only required for the ports under the control of the Pilbara Port Authority or the Kimberley Port Authority. Please consult Pilbara or Kimberley Port Authority for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult directly with the relevant Port Authority for information on eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the relevant port authority for information on fees to be submitted.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Authorisation to Bunker a Vessel in the Pilbara Port Authority - Please consult directly with the Port Authority for a copy of this document.
Apply All Kimberly Ports Authority Bunker Permit (Opens in new window)

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Port Governance Review (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Port Authorities Act 1999 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Port Authorities Regulations 2001 Western Australia

Administering agency

Ports Authorities

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Contact your Port Authority

Ports Authorities

Website: Ports Authorities (Opens in new window)