You will require this approval if you intend to conduct activities within a port operated by a port authority. The types of activities that require this authorisation include:
- social functions on board a vessel
- leaving waste
- discharging waste or ballast
- put up notices or signs
- interfering with port equipment
- entering with an animal
- loading and unloading livestock
- selling or supplying items
- launching vessels in an unauthorised place.
There are currently five port authorities:
- Fremantle Port Authority
- Southern Ports Authority
- Mid West Ports Authority
- Kimberley Ports Authority
- Pilbara Ports Authority.
Please consult the relevant Port Authority for more information.