You will need this authorisation if you intend to erect a building or any other structure in a port. Port land includes any land controlled by a port authority
All building work on port land must be authorised by the relevant port authority.
There are five port authorities:
- Fremantle Port Authority (Port of Fremantle)
- Kimberley Ports Authority (Port of Broome, Wyndham, Derby and Yampi Sound)
- Mid West Ports Authority (Port of Geraldton)
- Pilbara Ports Authority (ports of Ashburton, Dampier, Port Hedland and Varanus Island)
- Southern Ports Authority (ports of Albany, Bunbury and Esperance).
Please consult the relevant port authority for more information.