Authority to Import Non-Endemic Fish - Western Australia


You will need this authority if you intend to import into, or translocate within Western Australia, non-endemic (not native) fish, larvae or eggs for any purpose. Translocate means to move the fish to an area where they are non-endemic (not native).

If any non-endemic fish in your possession becomes infected with any disease, you must destroy the fish, unless you have the approval of the Agency to manage the disease.

A list of non-endemic fish is contained in Schedule 10 of the regulations. The list includes:

  • brown and rainbow trout
  • Atlantic salmon
  • golden, silver, and redfin perch
  • Murray cod
  • short-finned eel
  • silver and golden perch
  • Queensland redclaw
  • common and white yabbie.

You may not need this authority if you hold an aquaculture licence which authorises you to import or translocate a non-endemic fish species.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this authority you must:

  • provide information on the species to be imported
  • provide details of the source of the fish
  • provide details of where the fish will be placed.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $162.00

Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Fish Resources Management Act 1994 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Fish Resources Management Regulations 1995 Western Australia

Approval time

Approximately 14 working days

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.