You will need this registration if you intend to:
- be the nominated supervisor for a building surveying contractor
- use a prescribed title, such as registered building surveying practitioner
- be employed by or subcontract to a registered building surveying contractor.
Building surveyors undertake the examination of existing and planned buildings and incidental structures to assess their:
- energy efficiency.
There are two levels / sets of registration. Level / set 1 allows you to contract to undertake all building surveying services. Level / set 2 is limited to certifying compliance of either:
- Class 1 or Class 10 buildings or incidental structures
- Class 2 to 9 buildings with a maximum floor area of 2000 square metres and not more than three storeys high.