You will need this registration if you intend to:
- contract with clients to provide building surveying services
- issue compliance certificates
- use a prescribed title, such as registered building surveying contractor.
Building surveyors undertake the examination of existing and planned buildings and incidental structures to assess their:
- energy efficiency.
There are two levels of registration. Level 1 allows you to contract to undertake all building surveying services. Level 2 is limited to certifying compliance of either:
- Class 1 or Class 10 buildings or incidental structures
- Class 2 to 9 buildings with a maximum floor area of 2000 square metres and not more than three storeys high.