You will need this registration if you intend to contract directly with clients to undertake building surveying services. Building surveying work includes:
- examining plans and specifications for a building or incidental structure to assess safety, accessibility and energy efficiency
- examining a building or incidental structure to assess whether it is built in accordance with the plans and specifications
- examining an existing building or incidental structure to assess safety, accessibility and energy efficiency.
You may apply for registration as an individual, company or partnership. You may register for Level 1 or Level 2. Level 1 allows you to contract to undertake all building surveying services. Level 2 is limited to certifying compliance of either:
- Class 1 or Class 10 buildings or incidental structures
- Class 2 to 9 buildings with a maximum floor area of 2000 square metres and not more than three storeys high.
Please note that if you are currently an accredited building surveyor and intend to work exclusively for a local government or do not intend to offer building surveying services to the public, you do not require this registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.