You will need this registration if you intend to contract directly with clients to undertake building surveying services. Building surveying work includes:
- examining plans and specifications for a building or incidental structure to assess safety, accessibility and energy efficiency
- examining a building or incidental structure to assess whether it is built in accordance with the plans and specifications
- examining an existing building or incidental structure to assess safety, accessibility and energy efficiency.
You may apply for registration as an individual, company or partnership. You may register for Level 1 or Level 2. Level 1 allows you to contract to undertake all building surveying services. Level 2 is limited to certifying compliance of either:
- Class 1 or Class 10 buildings or incidental structures
- Class 2 to 9 buildings with a maximum floor area of 2000 square metres and not more than three storeys high.
If you are currently an accredited building surveyor and intend to work exclusively for a local government or do not intend to offer building surveying services to the public, you do not require this registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.