You will need to comply with this code to manufacture or store radioactive substances on your premises. You will also need to comply with this code to use radioactive substances for industrial radiography.
This code specifies requirements for the following protective measures:
- Allocation of responsibility
- suitable storage areas
- appropriate radiation monitoring equipment
- siting and installation of industrial radiography
- protective barriers, interlocks and other safety features.
It also specifies requirements for design, construction, testing and maintenance of:
- gamma-radiography equipment
- x-radiography equipment
- radioactive sources to be used in industrial equipment.