Commercial Operations Licence - Western Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to conduct any commercial or education activity (for profit) on land or water managed by the Department. Areas managed by the Department include nature reserves, National Parks, Conservation Parks, Marine Parks, State Forests and timber reserves. Examples of the types of operations that require this licence include:

  • vehicle tours or safaris
  • guided walks
  • charter tours
  • commercial fishing
  • adventure operations such as canoeing and rock climbing
  • minor facilities and services such as food vending
  • corporate or commercial training.

There are two classes of licence available. Most commercial operations are eligible for a Class T licence, and anyone can apply. Class E licences are required where there are environmental, management, safety or access reasons why the number of licences must be limited. These are usually allocated via a competitive expression of interest process.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • specify the goods or service you intend to sell or provide, or the activity you intend to undertake
  • specify the places where you propose to operate
  • have a minimum of $10 million in public liability insurance
  • provide any other information required by the Agency
  • complete the relevant application form
  • pay any required fees.

If you intend to provide tourism services, you may need additional accreditation.


Up to 10 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $117.00

Fees for 2023-24

Apply Licence All -

Licence fees:

  • 2 months - $138.00
  • 1 year - $406.00
  • 3 years - $1218.00
  • 5 years - $2030.00
  • 7 years - $2842.00
  • 10 years - $4060.00

Fees for 2023-24

Other resources

Act(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Act 1984 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Regulations 2002 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.