Conduct Activities in a Waterway Management Area - Western Australia


You will need prior permission from the agency if you plan on carrying out any of the following activities in one of the five waterway management areas:

  • disturbing the banks or foreshore (such as by constructing a drain or breakwater)
  • launching a boat from an area that is not privately owned or an approved launching place
  • using aircraft on any waters or associated land with the waterway area.

The five waterway management areas are:

  • Albany waterways
  • Avon River
  • Wilson Inlet
  • Peel Inlet
  • Leschenault Inlet.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Water Register (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Waterways Conservation Act 1976 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Waterways Conservation Regulations 1981 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.