Consent of Minister for Entry on to Reserves - Western Australia


You will need this consent if you hold a petroleum or geothermal permit, drilling reservation, access authority or special prospecting authority, lease or licence over reserved, declared or otherwise dedicated land in Western Australia and intend to either:

  • explore for petroleum or geothermal energy resources
  • carry out operations for the extraction or recovery of petroleum or geothermal energy.

Reserved, declared or otherwise dedicated land includes:

  • reserves for nature conservation
  • forestry
  • marine conservation
  • water conservation
  • mining
  • defence
  • land dedicated for recreational use.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Resources Act 1967 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Resources (Resource Management and Administration) Regulations 2015 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.