The Agency will call for applications for first-time accreditation as auditors by public advertisement at least once every two years.
To be eligible for accreditation you must:
- hold professional indemnity insurance cover
- be considered a fit and proper person
- have adequate theoretical and practical knowledge and adequate skills to be an auditor
- have access to people with complimentary knowledge and skills that would assist you perform your responsibilities as an auditor (where necessary)
- have an adequate knowledge and understanding of relevant laws and accepted industrial standards.
Auditors accredited under similar schemes in other states and territories may be eligible for mutual recognition.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.