The Agency will call for applications for first-time accreditation as auditors by public advertisement at least once every two years.
To be eligible for accreditation, you must:
- hold professional indemnity insurance cover
- be considered a fit and proper person
- have adequate theoretical and practical knowledge and adequate skills to be an auditor
- have access to people with complimentary knowledge and skills that would assist you perform your responsibilities as an auditor (where necessary)
- have an adequate knowledge and understanding of relevant laws and accepted industrial standards.
Auditors accredited under similar schemes in other states and territories may be eligible for mutual recognition.