Country Areas Water Supply Clearing Licence - Western Australia


You may need this licence if you intend to clear controlled land in any of the following catchment areas or water reserves:

  • Wellington Dam Catchment Area
  • Harris River Dam Catchment Area
  • Mundaring Weir Catchment Area
  • Denmark River Catchment Area
  • Kent River Water Reserve
  • Warren River Water Reserve.

Clearing involves the felling of native trees or removal of native undergrowth within a controlled area. Please see the attached document for more information regarding the location of the controlled areas within water catchments and reserves.

If you are considering clearing native vegetation in the catchments or water reserves listed above you should contact the Agency to determine whether this licence or a clearing permit under environment protection legislation is needed.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Country Areas Water Supply Act 1947 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Country Areas Water Supply (Clearing Licence) Regulations 1981 Western Australia

Application process


Please contact the Agency if you intend to make an application, they will then provide you with an application form.

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.