To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be at least 17 years old
- be a resident of Western Australia
- hold a current WA driver's licence
- have a suitable driving record in the last five years.
- pass a medical assessment against the required standards in the last six months
- successfully completed the national unit of competency, TLILIC0001 Preparation to transport dangerous goods by road, in the last six months.
If you intend to transport ammonium nitrate, you will need to hold a current WA dangerous goods security card (DGSC) or equivalent.
If you hold an equivalent licence in New Zealand, you may be eligible for mutual recognition.