You will need this licence if you intend to carry out demolition work.
The class of licence you will need depends on whether structures and buildings involved are over or under 10 metres in height when measured from the lowest ground level of the structure to the highest part of the structure.
Class 1 licences permit total or partial demolition of buildings or structures above 10 metres in height affecting the structural integrity of the building, and other class 1 demolition works.
Other Class 1 demolition works include:
- works on pre-tensioned or post-tensioned structural components of a structure
- removal of key structural members of a structure so that the whole or a part of the structure collapses
- works involving the use of cranes
- works involving the use of explosive
- removal of more than 200 square metres of brittle or fragile roofing material from a building or structure.
Class 2 licences permit total or partial demolition involving buildings or structures that are less than 10 metres in height. This does not include demolition work involving a single storey dwelling or work permitted by a Class 1 licence.