Disposal Licence - Western Australia


You will require this licence if you intend to dispose, discharge or deposit any material, waste or spoil into a waterway in a declared management area. Discharge includes causing or failing to prevent matter and waste being deposited or allowed to escape on or into the waters or associated land. There are five declared management areas in Western Australia:

  • Albany waterways
  • Avon River
  • Wilson Inlet
  • Peel Inlet
  • Leschenault Inlet.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • state the place and time where matter is proposed to be discharged, the composition of the matter and the maximum quantity of the matter proposed to be discharged
  • submit the required form
  • pay any required fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $50.00
Apply Licence All $50.00
Transfer Transfer All $25.00


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Application for a Disposal Licence - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Waterways Conservation Act 1976 WA

Regulation(s) name

Waterways Conservation Regulations 1981 WA

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.



Department of Water and Environmental Regulation

Operating address: The Atrium
Level 4
168 St Georges Terrace
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 33
Cloisters Square Po, Western Australia 6850
Phone: 08 6364 7000
Fax: 08 6364 7001
Email: waterways@water.wa.gov.au