To be eligible for this licence as an individual you must:
- hold an electrician's licence
- hold civil liability insurance from a reputable insurer
- have satisfactorily carried out compliant electrical installation work
- have successfully completed the Electrical Contractor Training Program (ECTP)
- satisfy the agency you fully understand the duties and regulations imposed on electricians and electrical contractors.
A firm or body corporate will need to nominate one person who meets the above requirements, and the agency will need to be satisfied that at least one person involved in the management of the firm or body corporate fully understands the duties and regulations imposed on electricians and electrical contractors.