You will need this licence if you intend to operate premises that have significant potential to cause emissions. Emissions include the:
- discharge of waste
- emission of noise, odour or electromagnetic radiation
- transmission of electromagnetic radiation.
Premises that cause emissions are prescribed premises. The types of prescribed premises that need this licence include premises used for:
- intensive livestock housing
- mineral and resource extraction
- processing of food, animal and plant matter or products
- waste management, collection or disposal
- storage or warehousing of large quantities of chemicals
- energy generation.
Please refer to the attached document for a complete list of prescribed premises.
If your prescribed premises meets the requirements for registration rather than this licence, you will need to apply for registration instead.