You will need this licence if you intend to carry out excavation work on port land. Port land includes any land controlled by a port authority. Excavation work means any work that involves breaking or penetrating the ground surface.
All excavation work on port land must be authorised by the relevant port authority.
There are five port authorities:
- Fremantle Port Authority (Port of Fremantle)
- Kimberley Ports Authority (Port of Broome)
- Mid West Ports Authority (Port of Geraldton)
- Pilbara Ports Authority (ports of Ashburton, Dampier and Port Hedland)
- Southern Ports Authority (ports of Albany, Bunbury and Esperance).
Please consult the relevant port authority for more information.