Explosives Import / Export Licence - Western Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to:

  • import or export authorised explosives overseas to or from Western Australia
  • supply authorised explosives to others who are authorised to possess them.

The agency strongly advises you to contact an approved consultant and work with them to have your application developed.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • be at least 21 years old
  • hold a current WA dangerous goods security card (DGSC)
  • have a satisfactory level of experience, knowledge and competency in the safe handling, storage and security of the explosives
  • have made adequate arrangements for the safe and secure handling and storage of explosives
  • ensure persons who will have unsupervised access to the explosives possess a DGSC and are authorised as secure nominees
  • ensure that only persons authorised under the explosives regulations are supplied with explosives.

If you intend to apply as a partnership or company, you will need to have at least one appointed officer who must:

  • be at least 21 years old
  • be competent to safely engage in the activities authorised by the licence
  • be competent to keep any explosive possessed under the licence secure
  • hold a current DGSC.


5 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Licence All $221.00

Annual fee. Fees for 2023-24


Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety (Explosives) Regulations 2007 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Resources Safety

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.