You will need this licence if you intend to supply authorised explosives to other individuals or companies. For example, you, your company or partnership will need this licence if you are:
- manufacturers of explosives in Western Australia and intend to sell the product in Australia
- a firearms or sporting goods store selling ammunition propellant or black powder
- a store selling small quantities of blasting explosives and detonators to shotfirers
- a hobby store selling model rocket motors where Net Explosive Quantities (NEQ) of propellant is greater than 5g
- selling any other explosives even if by consignment only.
This licence is not needed for the sale of the following:
- unrestricted explosives such as sparklers, party poppers and Christmas crackers
- cartridges for safety devices
- cartridges for nail guns
- emergency devices
- ammunition (which requires a firearm dealer's licence).
You may not need this licence if your sale or supply of explosives is already authorised under another explosives licence you hold, such as an import or transport licence.
You will need an explosives export licence if you intend to sell authorised explosives to overseas customers.Other licences may also be needed if you will be storing, transporting, or using the explosives yourself.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.