Explosives Supply Licence - Western Australia


You may need this licence if you intend to possess and supply authorised explosives to other individuals or companies.

The agency strongly advises you to contact an approved consultant and work with them to have your application developed.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • be at least 21 years old
  • hold a current Western Australia dangerous goods security card (DGSC)
  • have the necessary qualifications, experience and knowledge relating to explosives
  • have adequate arrangements for the safe and secure handling and storage of the explosives
  • have made arrangements to ensure that only trusted and competent employees have access to the explosives.

If you intend to apply as a partnership or company, you will need to have at least one appointed officer who must:

  • be at least 21 years old
  • be competent to safely engage in the activities authorised by the licence
  • be competent to keep any explosive possessed under the licence secure
  • hold a current DGSC.


5 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Licence All $75.00

Annual fee. Fees for 2023-24


Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety (Explosives) Regulations 2007 Western Australia

Approval time

20 working days for most applications.

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Resources Safety

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.