Extended Trading Permit / Liquor Without a Meal Licence - Western Australia


You will need this permit if you already hold a liquor licence that is not a special facility licence and intend to sell alcohol at a time or place that your existing licence would not ordinarily cover. The purposes for which an extended trading permit may be used include:

  • selling liquor in a restaurant without meals
  • alfresco dining outside or adjacent to a licensed premises
  • clubs selling alcohol to members of another association
  • selling alcohol with a meal in the dining area of a hotel, nightclub or producer's premises
  • off-site deliveries or supply by a liquor store after hours
  • extending the hours for an existing licensed premises
  • extending the area for an existing licensed premises.

In some circumstances instead of applying for this permit you may be able to instead add or vary the conditions on your existing licence.

Alcohol bans also apply in some community areas.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Eligibility requirements vary depending on the specific purpose for which you are applying.

An extended trading permit for the sale or consumption of liquor on a road or footpath will not be issued unless the local council also consents to the application.

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the attached document.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Racing, Gaming and Liquor Portal (Opens in new window)

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Fee Schedule for Liquor Activities (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Liquor Control Act 1988 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Liquor Control Regulations 1989 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries

Racing, Gaming and Liquor

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Racing, Gaming and Liquor

Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries

Operating address: Gordon Stephenson House
Level 2
140 William Street
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Mailing address: PO BOX 8349
Perth BC, Western Australia 6849
Toll Free: 1800 634 541 Freecall for WA country callers only.
Phone: 08 6551 4888
Fax: 08 9325 1041
Email: rgl@rgl.wa.gov.au
Website: Racing, Gaming and Liquor (Opens in new window)