Gas Appliance Approval - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to sell or hire a gas appliance. Gas appliances are separated into two types:

  • Type A - domestic and commercial gas appliances, such as domestic refrigerators, water heaters, commercial catering equipment
  • Type B - large commercial and industrial gas appliances, such as industrial boilers, incinerators or gas-fired turbines.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for approval your gas appliance will need to comply with any standards or requirements prescribed by the agency.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Act(s) name

Gas Standards Act 1972 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Gas Standards (Gasfitting and Consumer Gas Installations) Regulations 1999 Western Australia

Additional information

If your gas appliance is approved, it must be marked, stamped or labelled in the manner approved by the agency before you can sell or hire it.

Administering agency

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Building and Energy

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Licensing Services

Building and Energy

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Western Australia
Operating address: Mason Bird Building
Level 1
303 Sevenoaks Street
Cannington, Western Australia 6107
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 100
East Perth, Western Australia 6892
Phone: 08 6251 1900
Website: Building and Energy (Opens in new window)