You may require this standard if you are an electricity network operator or electrical contractor and intend to
- decommission an electricity network.
This standard provides engineering principles and procedures for:
- common use services crossings on a telecommunication or electricity utility pole
- crossings of stay wires supporting such poles
- in-span services crossings
- street light suspension wires crossing power or telecommunications services.
Complying with this standard is not mandatory. However, if you can show that you complied with the provisions of this standard then that will be regarded as evidence that you have met your obligation to carry out electrical work safely.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required by your business.