Herbicide Spraying and Storage Approval - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to store or spray certain herbicides and acids in prescribed areas. The acids you will need this authorisation for are MCPA, MCPB, '2,4-D', '2,4-DB', '2,4,5-T', DICAMBA and PICLORAM. Prescribed areas include any area:

  • up to 10km of a commercial vineyard or tomato garden
  • up to 50km of a commercial agricultural or horticultural crop on a property situated within 50km of the Kununurra Post Office
  • within the Swan Valley vineyard area
  • within 19km of the Geraldton Post Office.

You will also need this approval if you intend to park, store or move a vehicle or any equipment carrying an open container of herbicide or that is contaminated by herbicides within the prescribed areas.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Please contact the agency for more information.


Act(s) name

Agriculture and Related Resources Protection Act 1976 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Agriculture and Related Resources Protection (Spraying Restrictions) Regulations 1979 Western Australia

Application process


You must provide the following information with your completed application form:

  • type of herbicide / acid to be used or stored
  • location and approximate size of the area to be sprayed
  • method of spraying and the equipment to be used
  • proposed date of spraying
  • location of the acid storage area.

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development

Agriculture and Food

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.