You will require this licence if you intend to operate or perform tasks considered to be high risk. High risk tasks include using any of the following:
- Scaffolding (basic, intermediate and advanced);
- Rigging work (dogging, basic, intermediate and advanced rigging);
- Crane and hoist operation (tower, self-erecting tower, derrick, portal boom, bridge and gantry, vehicle loading, non slewing mobile, slewing, materials hoist, personnel and materials hoist, boom-type elevating work platform, vehicle mounted concrete placing boom);
- Forklift operation (forklift trucks, order-picking forklift trucks); and
- Pressure equipment operation (basic, intermediate and advanced boiler operation, turbine operation, reciprocating steam engine operation).
A High Risk Work (HRW) licence will only be valid for the class of high risk work endorsed on the HRW licence. New classes can be added to the HRW licence, allowing you to work in multiple areas on a single licence.
If you currently hold a Western Australian Certificate of Competency (OHS Certification Australia Card), or equivalent interstate issued certificate of competency, containing one or more classes, you may be able to convert these certificates to a HRW Licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.