You will need a licence if you intend to carry out high risk work. High risk work (HRW) includes:
- Scaffolding - basic, intermediate and advanced.
- Rigging work - dogging, basic, intermediate and advanced rigging.
- Crane and hoist operation - tower, self-erecting tower, derrick, portal boom, bridge and gantry, vehicle loading, non slewing mobile, slewing, materials hoist, personnel and materials hoist, boom-type elevating work platform, vehicle mounted concrete placing boom.
- Forklift operation - forklift trucks, order-picking forklift trucks.
- Pressure equipment operation - basic, intermediate and advanced boiler operation, turbine operation, reciprocating steam engine operation.
You can only undertake the type of HRW endorsed on your licence. However, you can add new classes to your HRW licence, which allows you to carry out different types of high risk work on a single licence.