To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be a fit and proper person
- be accredited to carry out reproductive technology by an approved organisation
- establish that you require the licence to fulfil a genuine social need
- ensure your intended licence supervisor has appropriate character, qualifications and experience
- have adequate financial resources
- have adequate and appropriate premises, equipment, staff supervision, support services, and facilities available
- have adequate arrangements relating to the counselling of participants and obtaining an informed and effective consent
- have adequate procedures in place for the compilation, safe keeping, retention, storage and confidentiality of records.
If you are applying on behalf of a group of persons, or a body corporate, you must ensure that every person with a material interest in the practice, and every person in a position of authority is a fit and proper person.