Insurance Approval - Western Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to use a vehicle to transport dangerous goods that is not covered by an insurance policy or other form of indemnity.

The agency recommends that you contact them before submitting an application.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for approval you must either:

  • be the owner of the road vehicle intended to be used to transport dangerous goods
  • be a prime contractor responsible for the condition of the road vehicle intended to be used to transport dangerous goods.

The agency will need to be satisfied that you are adequately capable of self-insurance.


Up to three years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $340.00

Fees for 2023-24

Vary Variation All $340.00

Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety (Road and Rail Transport of Non-explosives) Regulations 2007 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Energy, Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Resources Safety

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.