You will require this licence if you intend to construct, maintain or alter a jetty. Jetties require a licence so it can be ensured they meet safety and maintenance standards, and do not interfere with navigation.
A jetty is a structure that is connected to a body of water that may be used to launch or land a vessel. This could include:
- landing places
- fixed or floating structure
- erected or placed structures.
There are three types of jetty licences:
- commercial jetty licences: for business or commercial activities
- private jetty licence: for use by the applicant and family only, for domestic and recreational activities
- public jetty licence: given to a public body for use by the general public.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.