** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Jetty Permits - Western Australia


You will need a permit to use a public jetty or buoy. Use of a public jetty or buoy includes mooring, fastening or taking a vessel alongside a jetty / buoy.

Locations where you can apply for permits include:

  • Barrack Street and Mends Street jetties
  • Swan and Canning Rivers
  • Fremantle, Challenger Boat Harbour
  • Hillarys Board Harbour
  • Jervoise Bay.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Twelve months


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.


Other resources

Act(s) name

Jetties Act 1926 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Jetties Regulations 1940 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Transport


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.