Licence to Carry Out Dredging or Reclamation on Waterways - Western Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to carry out dredging or reclamation within waters and waterways of a declared management area. Waters and waterways include any rivers, inlets and estuaries, as well as any artificial canal, canal system, lake, lagoon or harbour connected to a waterway in a declared management area.

There are five declared management areas in Western Australia:

  • Albany waterways
  • Avon River
  • Wilson Inlet
  • Peel Inlet
  • Leschenault Inlet.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information in the first instance if you are considering applying for this licence.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Licence All $20.00

Per week fee. Fees for 2023-24

Transfer Transfer All $50.00

Fees for 2023-24


Act(s) name

Waterways Conservation Act 1976 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Waterways Conservation Regulations 1981 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.