To be eligible for this licence you must:
- ensure that your scientific establishment has an animal ethics committee, or has arranged for the animal ethics committee of another scientific establishment to act as its animal ethics committee
- ensure that your scientific establishment complies with the relevant code of practice
- have the necessary experience and competence in using animals for scientific purposes
- have the necessary experience and competence in caring for and handling the kind of animals you intend to use
- provide adequate protection for the welfare, safety and health of the animals
- attach any other required information
- pay the relevant fees.
The Agency will also take into account whether you, or any of your staff or students, have been convicted of an offence under the Act in the past 3 years, or have ever been suspended or revoked or disqualified from holding this licence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.