Licence to Take Protected Fauna Causing Damage - Western Australia


You will require this licence if you intend to take protected fauna which is causing, or is likely to cause, damage to property or primary production. This licence is also known as a damage licence. To take means to kill, capture or harm. Fauna means any animal indigenous to Australia, and any animal that periodically migrates to and lives in Australia and includes any animal declared to be fauna by the Agency. Protected fauna is fauna which cannot be taken without a licence.

Your licence will specify the number and species of animal you may take, the area where the animals may be taken, who may take the animals, and the manner in which the animals may be taken.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


As indicated on the licence.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All Wildlife Licensing System (Online) (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Wildlife Conservation Act 1950 WA

Regulation(s) name

Wildlife Conservation Regulations 1970 WA

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Wildlife Licensing Section

Parks and Wildlife Service

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Operating address: Technology Park, Western Precinct
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 30
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983
Phone: 08 9219 9831
Website: Parks and Wildlife Service (Opens in new window)