You will need this licence if you intend to use or install a mooring in an environmental reserve. You will not require this licence if:
- the mooring is not located in an environmental reserve
- the mooring you want to use is a designated public or temporary mooring
- you have a commercial activities licence that already covers using a mooring.
Environmental reserves can include:
- state forests
- timber reserves
- national parks
- conservation parks
- marine nature reserves
- marine parks
- marine management areas
- some private reserves managed by the state government.
If your mooring is located in one of the above areas, you may apply for either a:
- rental mooring licence (allowing you to use rental mooring)
- private mooring licence (allowing you to install and / or own and control a private mooring).
You can only apply to install a private mooring in an area designated as a mooring area.