Mooring Registration (Mooring Control Areas) - Western Australia


You will require this registration if you intend to install or use a mooring in any place declared by proclamation to be a mooring control area. These areas include:

  • Carnarvon Fascine
  • Oyster Harbour (Albany)
  • Peel Region
  • Mangles Bay (Rockingham)
  • Swan and Canning Rivers.

Please note that if you intend to install or use a mooring in an area that is not a mooring control area you will instead require a mooring licence. This requires a separate application process. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this registration you must:

  • provide all information required by the agency including your personal details, the location of the proposed mooring and the size, type and displacement of the vessel that will be moored
  • submit the required form
  • pay any required fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified by Agency.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Shipping and Pilotage Act 1967 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Shipping and Pilotage (Mooring Control Areas) Regulations 1983 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Transport

Marine and Coastal

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Mooring Control Areas

Marine and Coastal

Department of Transport

Mailing address: GPO BOX C102
Perth, Western Australia 6839
Phone: 08 9431 1027