Mooring Site Licence (Swan and Canning Rivers) - Western Australia


You will need a licence if you intend to install a mooring in the Swan and Canning River mooring control area. A mooring is a structure or an apparatus that is set in a permanent manner to which a vessel or floating object may be secured.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • be at least 17 years old
  • live principally in Western Australia.


One year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the contact officer for more information.


Act(s) name

Shipping and Pilotage Act 1967 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Mooring Regulations 1998 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Transport


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.