You will need this certification if you intend to carry out or supervise motor vehicle repair work.
This certificate licences individuals to:
- own a repair business and do repair work or supervise the repair work of others
- supervise the repair work of others
- work under a supervisor who does not have a certificate for the same class of repair work that you do
- do repair work unsupervised.
You can only supervise, or carry out unsupervised repair work for the particular class of repairs for which you are qualified. You may apply for certification for more than one class of repair work if you hold the appropriate qualifications and these will be endorsed on your certificate.
There are 23 classes of repair work that certificate holders can undertake, including:
- air conditioning work
- body building work
- electrical work
- engine reconditioning work
- steering, suspension and wheel alignment work.