Notice of Intent to Drain or Pump Water - Western Australia


You may need to notify the agency if you intend to drain or pump groundwater for the purpose of controlling salinity.

If you are in the Peel-Harvey Catchment Area, you must also complete this notification for the drainage of water that is above the surface of the land as well as below the surface.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

For your notice to be valid, you must provide a plan or aerial photograph specifying the location of all the following:

  • a north point and scale clearly marked
  • identification of the land to which the notice relates and adjacent land, including lot or location number
  • show the location of the proposed drains or pumping works and where the water will be discharged
  • showing any public roads adjacent to the land which the notice relates.


Works must be commenced within two years of notification


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You do not need to pay any fees.

Act(s) name

Soil and Land Conservation Act 1945 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Soil and Land Conservation Regulations 1992 Western Australia

Lodgement process


Applications must be lodged at least 90 days before the proposed drainage or pumping.

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development

Agriculture and Food

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.