You will need to have your safety case accepted by the agency if you intend to operate an offshore petroleum facility.
Offshore petroleum facilities are vessels or structures that are located at a site in an area adjacent to activities including:
- recovering, processing, storing and / or offloading petroleum
- providing accommodation to persons working on another facility (whether connected by a walkway or not)
- drilling or servicing (or associated works) a petroleum well
- laying pipes for petroleum including manufacturing pipes and working on existing pipes
- erecting, dismantling or decommissioning a facility
- any other purpose related to an offshore petroleum operation.