Order for Road Closure for Events - Western Australia


You will require this order if you intend to organise an event on public roads and require the road to be closed. Examples of events for which this road closure order can be made include street parties, sporting events, running races, and community festivals.

This order does not apply to public meetings or protests. A different permit is required to close a road for those sorts of events.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this order you must:

  • be an over the age of 18
  • obtain the consent of the local council or other government body which administers the road that you intend to close
  • submit the required form
  • pay the prescribed fee.

For small street parties without substantial public participation you must also obtain the consent of at least two thirds of the occupiers of land immediately adjacent to the road that you propose to close.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As indicated.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Act(s) name

Road Traffic Act 1974 WA

Regulation(s) name

Road Traffic (Events on Roads) Regulations 1991 WA

Administering agency

Main Roads Western Australia

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Traffic Management Officer, Event Coordination

Main Roads Western Australia

Mailing address: PO BOX 6202
East Perth, Western Australia 6892
Phone: 13 81 38
Fax: 08 9323 4174
Email: event.coordinator@mainroads.wa.gov.au