Permission to Erect or Alter a Fence (Private Property) - City of Melville - Western Australia


You will require this approval if you intend to erect a fence that does not meet the specifications contained in Schedule 1 of the Local Law Relating to Fences.

You will also require the written approval of the Council if you intend to construct or repair a fence with used materials or with any materials other than: brick, concrete, masonry, wrought iron, tubular steel, link mesh, wire, timber, thatched brush-wood, fibrosheeting or any colorbond sheeting.

A building licence or planning approval may be required in certain circumstances.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply Company, Co-operative, Other, Partnership, Sole Trader Building a New Front or Dividing Fences, Boundary Walls, Screen Walls, Barriers or the Like (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Administering agency

City of Melville

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.